Pages





Sunday, February 6, 2011

Traveling Nail tech goes to Kiawah Island, SC

My cute little cottage in Kiawah

  When I first got the call that the Sasanqua spa needed training I was excited. It was January and I had not been on the road since November. I had not heard of the spa or the island it was located on, Kiawah. After I checked it out on google I realized I was in for a treat.I had no idea I was getting ready to see one of the prettiest places in the United States(#6 by Travel and Leisure mag) to be exact.
  I went out for dinner the first night I was there,Cassique. They frown on cell phones(FYI). As I was leaving I was shocked at how dark it was. No lights! The island only uses low lights to help maintain the natural habitat of the wild life. My first thought was that I was going to get mugged but then I remembered I had to go through two security gates to get there. As I was driving back to my cottage I came upon three deer. Later that night raccoons played on my deck. I didn't mind because I was sitting in front of the fireplace eating the snacks they had stocked in the fridge. Life at that moment was pretty close to perfect.
  The spa...Amazing is all I can say. Not only do they offer Shiatsu massage but you can hang out in the lounge in some of the coolest Murphy beds I have ever seen. I can't leave out the nail services. Shellac,Shellac,Shellac..that is why I was there. If you haven't heard about it or experienced it yet you must. A nail service that allows you to get a manicure but without the pain of drying and chipping.
  If you want to Kayak,fish,ride a bike or simply relax this is the place to be. I can't wait to go back. It is defantly the Low country at it's finest.

http://www.kiawahislandclub.com/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp
http://www.cnd.com/Products/Color/shellac-hello.aspx