Pages





Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The tools we use..

This post is going to be very short but informative. If you are not a nail professional you may find this one of no use. But if you are an educator, do nail design or want to WOW your customers this is a must read.

  I don't want to call it nail art because that sounds so 1988 to me. I picture heart shaped stickers and rhinestones along the free edge. If you are still doing that..rock on but I am looking at it now more like fashion. If you want to" up your game" then listen closely. You need tools. Go to Kami or  http://www.nailsuppliesdirect.com/shop/index. You are going to get everything you need to hook your clients up with the latest styles and trends. This entire kit is about $20.
You also need foil. I know you can get this at various places but Dollarnailart.com  has the best bargain. You get a ton so it will allow you to "peacock" until your hands fall off.

Now..where to go to get the latest trends..www.cnd.com ~This is our site. Go to spot light videos and  watch some of the girls in action. It's a step by step guide. You can also check us out on Youtube.  Here are a few other sites I recommend you follow..The Fingernailfixer on Facebook. Holly is one of my fellow comrades and is always keeping peeps up to speed. Sam , total nail geek, at http://kookynails.tripod.com/id36.html

Here is what I am doing for Spring 2012..
  • The mood ring with our color and effects. My friend and coworker Candice made this up. You may want to follow her blog as well.Nails And Lipstick
  • The mood ring with shellac colors.
  • Peacock the nails with foil
  • Marbleizing with Shellac
  • Glitter, or Rock star , with shellac
You can always contact me at jennifer.harrison@cndeducation.com if you need help.

p.s. I am not creative. I am not the girl who comes up with new concepts. If you feel your clients are not up for this or you can't do it..think again. I promise..they will love it and you can do it!